This E-Book of Authorities catalogues agreed UN statements and language on a selection of topics, to show the extent of existing international support for evidence-based drug policies. The objective is to help inform international drug policy discussions, debates and negotiations.
The topics covered include:
- Access to controlled substances for medical and scientific purposes
- Alternatives to punishment
- Civil society engagement.
- Cultivation and alternative development
- Death penalty
- Development/Sustainable Development Goals
- Flexibilities of the UN drug conventions with regards to alternatives to conviction or punishment
- Harm reduction
- Human rights
- Proportionality of sentencing
This e-tool is an update of the report “Book of Authorities: Building Consensus” from 2009. This new edition is maintained by a coalition of partners including the International Drug Policy Consortium, Harm Reduction International and the Transnational Institute, and is funded by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and Open Society Foundations.